Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Habitat for Humanity of Northern Arizona! We are one of over 2000 Habitat affiliates worldwide and completed our 15th home in May 2012. Some of the many ways Volunteers help us build decent homes in decent neighborhoods, and eliminate substandard housing in our community include:
- ReStore: Our ReStore thrift shop needs ongoing help. This is a great volunteer job for tinkerers! No experience is necessary but sales, construction, or warehouse experience may be helpful. You might be asked to do sales, customer service, cleaning and fixing products, and help pick up donations. To learn more about the ReStore, click here.
- Home building: We are planning to build 2 homes in 2013 and will need many volunteers on the job sites. No experience is needed, and we welcome volunteers with all levels of experience and backgrounds. If you have extensive experience in a particular area, you may be invited to serve as a Team Leader.
- Committees: Serve on various committees and help guide our organization. There are several committees to fit your interests: Fundraising, Construction, Site Selection, Family Selection, Family Support, ReStore, and Community Relations.
- Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative: NRI will focus on helping low income homeowners fix up their homes. We take ongoing volunteer applications for those who are interested in these projects.
For more information on our volunteer positions, download the Habitat Volunteer Positions document (PDF).
Please fill out our volunteer interest form below to learn how you can help build homes for deserving low-income families in our area, or download the Volunteer Application (PDF).
Thank you for your interest in serving our community!
Since 1994, H4HNA volunteers have:
- Built 15 new homes for families living in substandard housing
- Contributed thousands of hours to the ReStore, financially supporting home building
- Helped put on dozens of fundraisers to raise money for Habitat
- Helped 24 homeowners repair and maintain their homes
- Educated thousands of people about homelessness, poverty housing, and how Habitat helps people in our community
We literally could not have accomplished all this without our amazing, big-hearted volunteers! Thank you for all you do!